Daily Current Affairs 10 February 2018 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Kerala, Punjab, T.N. top NITI Aayog’s health index report
Kerala, Punjab and Tamil Nadu were the top rankers in NITI Aayog’s latest Health Index report which has, for the first time, attempted to establish an annual systematic tool to measure and understand the heterogeneity and complexity of the nation’s performance in the health sector.
- The document, developed by NITI Aayog with technical assistance from the World Bank and in consultation with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, indicates that Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir and Uttar Pradesh showed the maximum improvement in indicators such as Neonatal Mortality Rate, Under-five Mortality Rate, full immunisation coverage, institutional deliveries, and People Living with HIV (PLHIV) on Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART).
“Swachh Bharat Sanitation Park” inaugurated in Delhi
The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, in collaboration with the Environmental Sanitation Institute and Tata Trusts, has developed a Sanitation Park which was inaugurated in Delhi.
- The Park demonstrates various options pertaining to toilet technologies and solid and liquid waste management technologies, with a brief description of these technologies.
- The Park also displays information regarding various interventions undertaken under the Swachh Bharat Mission, capturing the success stories and impact created under the Mission across the country.
National Meet On Grassroot Informatics- VIVID 2018 held in New Delhi
National Informatics Centre (NIC) has organized a three-day National Meet on Grassroot Informatics- VIVID 2018 at the India Habitat Centre, New Delhi. The theme for VIVID 2018 is “Cyber Security and Innovation”.
International Conference on Unani Medicine inaugurated in New Delhi
The 2018 International Conference on Unani Medicine has inaugurated by Dr Jitendra Singh (the Union Minister of Development of North-East Region) with theme “Integration of Unani System of Medicine in Mainstream Healthcare” in New Delhi on November 10, 2018. The purpose of the 2-day conference is to promote integration of Unani Medicine in mainstream healthcare across the globe.
India retains top spot as source market for Dubai in 2017
Dubai witnessed 15 percent growth in tourist arrivals from India in 2017, hosting 2.1 million visitors, retaining top spot as the source market.
- It also became the first country to cross the 2 million mark in a single year, according to the latest data published by Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism).
- The growth is mainly due to the success of Dubai Tourism’s ongoing collaboration with Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan in the ‘BeMyGuest’ campaign.
PM Modi laid foundation stone for Abu Dhabi’s first Indian temple
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the first Hindu temple in the United Arab Emirates’ capital, which is home to a huge Indian diaspora.
- The sprawling temple spread over an area of 55,000 square meters will be located off the Dubai-Abu Dhabi Sheikh Zayed Highway at Al-Rahaba.
Swaraj meets Saudi King, inaugurates Janadriyah festival
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj met Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz who inaugurated the prestigious National Heritage and Culture Festival ‘Janadriyah’ in Riyadh, at which India is the guest of honour country.
- King Salman in the presence of Swaraj inaugurated the festival which exhibits Saudi Arabia’s rich tapestry of culture and heritage and is organised by the National Guard.
Abdul Hamid re-elected as president of Bangladesh
Bangladesh President Abdul Hamid has been re-elected for a second term. Earlier, the ruling Awami League (AL) nominated Abdul Hamid for his re-election as the country’s president.
PM Modi conferred with highest Palestinian honour
In a special recognition of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s contribution to relations between India and Palestine, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas conferred the “Grand Collar of the State of Palestine” on him after the conclusion of the bilateral meeting.
- The Grand Collar is the highest order given to foreign dignitaries- such as Kings, Heads of State/Government and persons of similar rank.
Chandrasekhar Rath, doyen of Odia literature, passes away
The doyen of Odia literature Chandrasekhar Rath has passed away. The writer was nominated for the prestigious Padma Shri award this year.
- Rath was conferred with several awards, including Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award, Odisha Sahitya Akademi Award and Atibadi Jagannath Das Samman, for his contribution in the field of literature.