Daily Current Affairs 11 February 2018 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Delhi government, MoEF jointly launch ‘Clean Air Campaign’
The Delhi government and the MoEF (Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change) jointly launched the Clean Air Campaign, which will continue for 2 weeks till February 23.
- As part of the Campaign, 70 teams have been constituted, comprising 1 officer of MoEF&CC & another from Delhi govt, who will be the co-leaders of the team.
- Campaign would include enforcement of pollution-control measures for vehicles, driving discipline & inspection of power plants.
Paisabazaar.com partners with Microsoft
Paisabazaar.com, the country’s largest digital lending platform, has entered into partnership with Microsoft to develop “industry first” innovations, to deliver innovative and unique customer experience on its platform using artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- With this partnership, Paisabazaar.com will move its entire technology infrastructure to Microsoft Azure (cloud based platform).
Rohan More becomes first Asian to swim across Ocean Seven
Pune-based swimmer, Rohan More became the first Asian as well as the first Indian to swim across the Ocean Seven. Rohan is the youngest person in the world to swim across the Ocean Seven.
- The swimming marathon is widely considered equivalent to the Seven Summits mountaineering challenge.
- With this, More becomes only the ninth person in the world to complete it.
Sharmila Nicollet is first Indian golfer to qualify for China LPGA Tour
Sharmila Nicollet has become the first Indian golfer to qualify for the China Ladies PGA Tour. The 26-year-old Bengaluru golfer fought her way back into the tournament in the last two rounds to earn a card for the Tour, which had Women’s World rankings points also.
Rakesh Singh appointed private banking head at HDFC Bank
Rakesh Singh has been appointed as head of private banking at HDFC Bank. He will continue to head the bank’s investment banking, capital markets and financial institutions businesses.
Rajnath launches book on best interviews of Vajpayee
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh released a book on best interviews of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The interviews have been compiled in a book form “Mere Sapno Ka Bharat’‘ by Tarun Vijay, former BJP MP and Editor of Panchjanya, an RSS published journal.
- Praising the former prime minister, he said Mr Vajpayee was an ordinary teacher with extra-ordinary personality.
Eminent Pakistani lawyer, activist Asma Jahangir passes away
Renowned Pakistani human rights activist and lawyer Asma Jahangir has passed away. She was 66.