Direction (1-10): In each question below a sentence is given with two blanks. Each question is followed by four options with two words in each. You have to select that option as your answer which can fill both the blanks of the sentence respectively.
- The political crisis in the Maldives has ____________after the _____________ President declared a state of emergency and ordered the arrest of top judges and a former president.
raised, castleddeepened, embattledenhanced, plainamplified, unpreparedAll are correctOption B
- The Prime Minister should prove that he is different from his _____________ and call a meeting of experts from different fields under his personal supervision and prove to the world that that India is not far behind in inventions and _____________________ .
antecedents, inventionsancestors, renovationscontemporaries, innovationsorganizers, conventionsAll are correctOption C
- P2P lending is highly _______________to performance risks on account of a higher probability of a borrower-default, credit risks owing to poor loan-sanctioning decisions & lack of fund-monitoring post _______________, cash drag risks because of a larger borrower-population than the available lenders.
erect, expenseimmune, outlaydefiant, earningprone, disbursalAll are correctOption D
- The Delhi government’s decision to ________________ scrapping of aged vehicles (15 years old) is well-timed, as it cuts down pollution and makes way for new vehicles that are either _________________ with the cleaner BS-VI grade of fuel or electric in nature.
compensate, plaintmanifest, receptiveincentivise, compliantcollect, obedientAll are correctOption C
- The Chinese government’s decision led to protests by female models and a few women ________________ , while the latest move by F1 has been applauded by organisations like the Women’s Sport Trust, even though it has attracted ______________ for leaving ‘Grid Girls’ jobless.
associations, criticismagreements, approvalgroups, favordivergences, complimentAll are correctOption A
- Auto companies ___________________ to remodel their strategies and work towards offering women more meaningful employment ____________________at events like the Auto Expo.
ought, adversitieshave, trailsneed, opportunitiesmanaged, opportunitiesAll are correctOption C
- The Finance Bill, 2018 _________________ to advance the effort, in India and in other ________________, to find ways to tax the digital economy, particularly when companies operate across borders without a ‘permanent establishment’ in the markets where their end-consumers are.
approaches, competencesaccomplishments, authoritiesattempts, jurisdictionscertainties, influencesAll are correctOption C
- National governments, which see taxation through the ___________ of ________________ , feel cheated of tax revenue, and are compelled to ensure compliance even at a high cost.
prism, sovereigntycondenser, dependenceinstrument, bondagelens, servitudeAll are correctOption A
- There is a case to be made that the traditional template for assessing businesses does not apply in the digital world; even the ________________ of how the digital economy relates to the concepts of ‘residence’ and the __________________ of income for tax purposes is open to a re-examination.
opinion, epithetbelief, portraitnotion, characterisationactuality, portrayalAll are correctOption C
- Budget 2018 ________________ various rationalisation measures. One such move was rationalisation of sections 43CA, 50C and 56 of the Income Tax Act, 1961 that deal with transactions of __________________ property.
concealed, immovableabstracted, immovableintroduced, immovableinserted, immovableAll are correctOption C